Karl-Gösta Nygren, MD, PhD
Karl-Gösta Nygren is Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at
the Inst Medical Epidemiology & Biostatistics of the Karolinska Institutet,
- President of the Swedish Society for Obstetricians and Gynaecologists,
- Board member of The Nordic Federation of Obstetrical and
Gynaecological Societies, NFOG, 1992–1994.
- Adviser and member of several committees to the Research Programme for
Human Reproduction of the World Health Organization, 1983–1993.
- Started, with colleagues, the first private IVF clinic in the Nordic
countries, in Stockholm in 1984.
- Co-Chairman of the Swedish National Committee for the follow-up of
children born after IVF.
- Member of the Executive Committee to the European Society of Human
Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE) 1996–2001.
- Past Chairman of the European IVF Monitoring EIM-Consortium for ESHRE.
- Member of SQART, the ESHRE Special Interest Group for the Safety and
Quality of ART.
- Honorary member of ESHRE.
- Member of the international Assisted Conception Taskforce (ACT) for
- Honorary member of IRIS, the Swedish Infertility People’s